Are you tired of cookie-cutter photography with dated backdrops and stiff poses? Have you promised yourself that you’d take more family pictures before the kids got older? I’m here to tell you that it’s never too late.
There’s a quote that I love that expresses how I feel about custom photography:
There is a creative fraction of a second when you are taking a picture. Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera. That is the moment the photographer is creative. Oop! The Moment! Once you miss it, it is gone forever. – Henri Cartier-Bresson
As suggested in the quote, that “oops moment” doesn’t come along that often. Indeed, with commercial chain store photography studios — the ones with the cheesy backdrops and stationary cameras — your memorable moments don’t stand a chance.
2014-15 Photo Session Pricing & Related Information
Session fees for portraits start at $425. The session fee may include the price of digital files and/or prints, which is outsourced to a professional printing company.
For more detailed rates, please inquire by emailing me at
hello [at] emilyannbrownphotography.com or submitting the contact form by clicking here.
Session time: about 1 hr and includes the use of props, chairs, accessories and clothing items, etc. A non-refundable deposit fee is required to reserve your session, which can be paid by mail or via PayPal.
If you have to re-schedule your photo session for whatever reason — due to a sick child or family emergency — please communicate that as soon as possible. Please be aware that if you wish to cancel your scheduled photo session for any reason, or are unable or unwilling to reschedule due to inclement weather, the deposit is non-refundable.
Location: I shoot outside or on-location, whether at your home, place of business, or a public venue. I can provide ideas if you wish to shoot at a location other than your home.
Now offering the following sessions:
- Graduating Senior
- Family and Holiday
- Professional & Personal use
Other important details regarding portrait sessions:
- I typically shoot between 100-300 images depending on the allotted time frame and cooperation of everyone involved.
- I then process, edit, enhance, re-touch, B&W, etc. the very best images from our session (ranges from 15-30), which takes several hours. It takes at least one to two weeks to compile and edit your collection of photos and have your proofs ready for viewing. Afterward, I will email you a link to view approx. 15-30 proofs.
- Your chosen high resolution files/images can then be purchased after being downloaded. You will be able to print them anywhere, in any quantity, in most any size. I am currently not offering CDs at the present time, but this is subject to change.
- I do not give/sell unedited work.
- Your collection will be up for viewing for 10 days only. Once it expires there will be a $20 fee to re-post your collection for an additional 7 days.
- Photo sessions are held in the DC metro area, and an extra charge will be applied for locations 15 miles outside of the Beltway. Please inquire.
- If any on-site locations, such as parks, have an entrance fee that I do not currently have a pass to, this fee will be added to your session fee.
- I use natural lighting for all of my sessions.
Please feel free to contact me by email for any additional questions, to discuss cost, and/or to book a date.
If you’ve made it this far on the page, THANK YOU! I hope to work with you soon.
Emily Ann Brown Photography reserves the right to use any and all images. Please be aware that it is illegal to copy and paste, take, steal, save and/or display my work in any capacity or on any other public/private platform when you have not purchased said work or have not had verbal or written permission to do so. I ask that you respect the integrity of my work.